CASL Compliance AuditCanada’s Anti-Spam Legislation
What is CASL?
CASL is Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation which establishes rules for the sending of Commercial Electronic Messages (CEMs) and prohibits the unauthorized alteration of transmission data. CASL requires that a certain level of consent (either Express or Implied) is obtained and maintained between consumers and businesses in order to send CEMs.
Does CASL affect me?
CASL applies to all CEMs that are sent from or sent to Canadians. This means that even if you are a business based outside of Canada, CASL regulations apply to the emails you send to Canadians.
There are three primary rules to be cognizant of when ensuring compliance.
- You may only send emails to those people who have given you express or implied consent.
- Messages that are sent must identify the sender(s) and provide contact information.
- The unsubscribe option must be clear and prominent, able to be readily performed and accomplished at no cost to the customer.
Limit Your Risk and Maximize Your Efforts
Inbox Marketer’s CASL Audit is a comprehensive solution designed to ensure you have the components, process and understanding to effectively manage the requirements of Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation while ensuring your marketing continues to provide positive results.
- Interactive 1.5hr CASL seminar hosted by our CASL experts.
- End to end review of your permission capture sources to determine the level of consent and your CEMs for compliance.
- Review your permission tracking data process and provide actionable recommendations for ongoing compliance.
Get answers to key questions around penalties, permission levels, upgrade strategies, unsubscribe regulations, B2B exemptions and database best practices.
In order to support you long term as well, we can provide ongoing compliance monitoring, to ensure that you have implemented requirements consistently and accurately over time.
Whether you need a detailed diagnosis of your digital programs or a specialized training session for your teams, we can help.